Coin Pursuit's Ten Commandments of Trading Cryptocurrency
At Coin Pursuit, we're investors in digital currency, just like our readers are, and they often approach us for advice. All of us have a stake in the success of cryptocurrency, and we all want it to succeed, right? Right! Well, we've discussed those goals with experts in the industry, and with their help we've come up with what we like to call our Ten Commandments of Trading Cryptocurrency.
- Ignore Biased Sources. These are where pump and dump schemes and other unscrupulous behavior happen in real time. Many people who post on websites that cater to crypto traders are fishing for suckers, posting misinformation and rumors and hoping investors will fall for it. Don't play into their hands; seek advice through trusted and unbiased sources, and make your investing decisions accordingly.
- Invest Within Your Means. Don't sink your life savings or your kid's college funds into digital currency. This is true of any investment, of course, but it bears repeating: invest only what you can realistically afford to lose. You know the old saying, “Plan for the worst, but hope for the best”? That applies here. With wise investment planning, you'll do well—but be prepared in case you don't.
- Set Achievable Goals. We can't emphasize this enough: Digital currency is not a get-rich-quick scheme. We suppose you can shoot for the moon if you're a millionaire, but for the rest of us, this advice stands: Set a realistic plan of return on your investment, whether it's 5%, 10%, 15% or so forth. And stick to it! It's a young and very robust market, and it can be chaotic; don't overreact, and stick to your long-term goals.
- Don't Panic. Douglas Adams was right, you know. Take the time to sit back, research the most popular companies in the industry and study what's going on in the market, and don't make snap decisions.
- Don't Rely on Guesswork. As we said, alternative currency markets can be crazy sometimes, and are often unpredictable. No matter how experienced an investor you are, don't take it upon yourself to anticipate what the market's gonna do next. Even those who follow hunches—at least, the smart ones—will do their homework before taking action. Follow trends, read tips and news and watch videos to react accordingly.
- Learn from Your Mistakes. Let's be honest: Any market can be like rolling the dice. No matter how experienced an investor you are, there's gonna come a time when you get burned. Pardon the cliché, but when that happens, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on the horse. The only regrettable mistakes are those from which we learn nothing.
- Chart Your Course. We mean this literally here; follow the trends of the market over time, and learn how to read and interpret charts such as those offered at Bitcoin Wisdom. By all means, track your investment in real time, but don't make knee-jerk decisions based on momentary fluctuations. It's always wise—no matter where you have your money invested—to buy and sell based on long-term data.
- Love Thy Crypto. The world of high finance and Wall Street can appear dry and mundane to a lot of us; there doesn't seem to be a lot of passion involved. We earnestly believe that needn't be the case with digital currency. Once again, don't invest in the hopes that this is all a get-rich-quick scheme; instead, do it because you believe strongly in the concepts and the principles behind cryptocurrency.
- Educate Yourself. Okay, we admit we have skin in the game on this one, but it's still the truth: The more you learn and apply, the better you'll do; that goes for digital currency investing as much as it does building a set of bookshelves. Coin Pursuit is devoted to educating our readers about the world of cryptocurrency going so far as creating a Crypto Social Network, Slicefeeds.com, to help guide you. The resources are there for you, so there's no excuse. Honestly, if you consistently trade poorly, and are unwilling to use those resources to your benefit, you're just as well off flipping a coin.
- Have Fun. Don't just make your investment and sit and stare at charts all day. Connect with your fellow investors and share your thoughts and experiences. Put some passion and fun into your digital currency experience, and everyone wins. Life's way too short to just sit back and fret; make your investment an enriching and enjoyable part of yours.
As always, Coin Pursuit is here for our fellow investors. If you have questions, comments, or ideas for how we can serve you better, we'd love to hear from you!
Other Popular Pages On The Site:
SliceFeeds Social Media Community
What Is Cryptocurrency?
Coin Glossary of Important Cryptocurrency Definitions
Bitcoin and Altcoin Articles